>

True Sarawak Ghost Stories

Ghost Story from the Land of the Head Hunters

My Haunted House Experience

Published by Borneo under , , on 12:00 PM

A true experience. Back in my previous house in Tanjung most of our family members has their own experience. As the house was big, my family and one of my uncle and aunt including my grandma lived in that house. Most of us have our own experience. I experience it once when I was alone in the room (downstairs) and I heard people knocking on the glass window and I thought it must be one of my uncle playing pranks on me because my uncle used to stop by the house to visit my grandma at night.

Surprisingly when I open the window there was no one and my uncle did not came that night. We used to hear a lot of noises around the house. Sometimes late in the afternoon, you can hear as if people walking upstairs or you can even hear people jumping off a table onto the floor upstairs. However during late in the afternoon there is no one upstairs as my cousin they all were still in school and the parents are working.

Another things which frequently occur is the noises of people walking using those sandals made of wood which old people like to use ( I don’t really know what is it called). The walking noises always occur late at night at the backyard of the house or behind the wet kitchen area outside the house. Most of our family member already got used to that noise so we did not really bother about it. There was once when my uncle was in the living room he heard sound of spoon stirring as if people were making a cup of coffee. As my family has a habit of drinking coffee late at night, he thought it must be my aunt at the kitchen, thinking he might need a cup of coffee, he went to the kitchen and found no ones there.

Apart from that, last time in the house we used to have a very old typewriter which was put in the living room upstairs and those who sleep late at night can sometimes hear the typewriter typing noises. This typewriter was used by my late grandfather secretary. As it was quite creepy, my uncle decides to put it in the store room. At 2004 after my grandma had passed away and all of us has our own houses, we decided to sell out the house. Before handling over the house to the buyer my uncle from overseas came back and decided to help us to clear the house. As he was clearing the house, he remembered the story of the typewriter so he wanted to bring the typewriter back to his house, so we try to find the typewriter and it was nowhere to be found. Till now, none of us knew where it is...


Contributed by cheesecake

2 comments:

Anonymous said... @ April 18, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Clog shoes?

Anonymous said... @ February 28, 2018 at 12:04 AM

wooden sandals...terompah

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The information contained in this website (including visitor’s comments) is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Sarawakghoststory.blogspot.com and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Sarawakghoststory.blogspot.com. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly.